E-mail MeJames (Jim) W. Fayssoux Sr.
Prior to founding Fayssoux Law Firm, Jim was senior partner in the firm of Anderson, Fayssoux & Chasteen, P.A. for over 30 years. Initially, Jim's practice concentrated in the areas of domestic and family law, and personal injury, along with criminal prosecutorial work through the City of Greer, South Carolina. Since the mid-1980's his practice has focused almost-exclusively in the area of real estate law. He handles both residential and commercial real estate transactions and real estate litigation. He has been recognized as a leading title agent by Chicago Title for over a decade.
Jim was previously and active member of the United States Army and U.S. Army Reserve from 1972 to 1982. Among many other commitments to local and civic organizations, he has volunteered with Meals on Wheels of Greenville for over 25 by delivering meals to the homebound in our community. For more than 10 years Jim has volunteered with the YMCA by coaching soccer, basketball and baseball. He has also served as school PTA President and President of the High School Booster Club.
Jim is married to a residential realtor and has a daughter who is a stay at home mother with two of his grandkids. His son, Wally, is the co-founder of Fayssoux Law Firm, P.A.
Affiliations: Meals on Wheels of Greenville; Loaves & Fishes; First Baptist Church
Activities: Golf and Fishing
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Personal Injury
- South Carolina, 1972
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1974
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- J.D. - 1972
- Furman University
- B.A. - 1969
Honors and Awards
- Leading Title Agent by Chicago Title
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Greenville County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- United States Army and U.S. Army Reserve, 1972 - 1982
Pro Bono Activities
- YMCA by Coaching Soccer, Basketball and Baseball
- President of the High School Booster Club